Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sinta's Dresdens


Sinta, I am so sorry to be this late with your blocks!  

What a fun quilt this is going to be!  
I really loved strip piecing, and getting two Dresdens from one sewn strip.  
 

 

A question for Sinta: I haven't made centers, since I wasn't exactly sure of what you wanted.  Did you want us to choose something from our own stash? 


I did have a bit of trouble with my blocks laying flat, they were a little cone shaped.  I think it's a sign that I need to work on accuracy- either with my scant 1/4" or cutting.  After pressing they flattened out better.

I am hoping it'll come out in the quilting.  I had to laugh at the advice from a good friend of mine... "She said as long as it's smaller that a "C" cup you'll be OK." 

I'm guessing a block that turns out bigger than a "C" cup it could be made into a bra.  Unfortunately not for me. 

Thank you Sinta!  Despite the little bit of trouble I had, I really enjoyed your blocks!  I can't wait to see the finished quilt. 

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hahah! Yeah, I don't know what a C cup is either. ;)

    Looks great Calli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are beautiful blocks. Makes me want to go right to my sewing room and try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for making the blocks! I am going to make hexagons for the centers of the blocks... I didn't want you to be overtaxed with my project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blocks! I sure wish I could join y'all! You do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete