Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to school sewing

Since today was the first day that all 3 kids were back in school I decided to celebrate by catching up on my Bee blocks.

Nedra's had been sitting on my table for, well, over a month. Why did I wait so long!?


This block is fabulously easy with amazing results. I definitely see a quilt made from this pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew in my future.


The next package came while I was in Canada.
It was Amy Ellis' fabric: Echino linens- Yum!
I'm freaking out a little though. Amy asked that we not make 'Wonky' blocks. I hope these don't count as wonky. I was halfway through the second block when I remembered and panic set in. I used straight seams so I hope they will still work. If not, I'd be happy to sew more.  :o)


To be honest I'd never sewn with linen before (gasp!) It was a little trickier than I thought and I'm not sure why. It wasn't I-hate-sewing-with-linens tricky it was more like this-is-different-than-cottons tricky. I managed and I'm super pleased with the results.

-Emily

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Emily! Thanks for making my block, when I know there are so many things to think about when you just get home from a trip! I'm excited to add your block to the others.
    And I just worked on Amy Ellis' block, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! I just finished both Nedra's and Amy's last night and stuck them in the mail. Will post pictures tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily - They look great!! I hope you aren't turned off from linens - I love the weight of them in a quilt!

    ReplyDelete